Big Data and Hadoop Administrator Certification
The course provides an in-depth understanding of Hadoop framework, HDFS, and Hadoop cluster including Sqoop, Flume, Pig, Hive, and Impala. You will learn about cluster management solutions, core Hadoop distribution, and Cloudera manager. It also includes 4 industry-based projects. This course is best suited for IT professionals, data engineers, system administrators, and cloud administrators.
- Course Advisor
- Course Description
- Course Features
- Course Content
- Exam and Certification
Ronald van LoonTop 10 Big Data & Data Science Influencer, Director - Adversitement
Named by Onalytica as one of the three most influential people in Big Data, Ronald is also an author for a number of leading Big Data and Data Science websites, including Datafloq, Data Science Central, and The Guardian, and he regularly speaks at renowned events.
What is the focus of this course?Big Data and Hadoop Administrator course will equip you with all the skills for your next Big Data admin assignment. This course covers the Core Hadoop distributions—Apache Hadoop and Vendor specific distribution—CDH (Cloudera Distribution of Hadoop).
You will learn the need for cluster management solutions, about Cloudera manager and its capabilities. It teaches you how to set up Hadoop cluster and its components such as Sqoop, Flume, Pig, Hive and Impala with basic or advanced configurations? The Hadoop administrator course also answers What is Hadoop’s Distributed File System, and its processing/computation frameworks? And How to plan, secure, safeguard, and monitor a cluster?
This course will help you understand all basic and advance concepts of Big Data and all technologies related to Hadoop stack and components within Hadoop Ecosystem.
What learning outcomes can be expected?After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of Big Data and its characteristics, various scalability options to help organizations manage Big Data.
- Master the concepts of the Hadoop framework ; its architecture, working of Hadoop distributed file system and deployment of Hadoop cluster using core or vendor specific distributions.
- Learn about cluster management solutions such as Cloudera manager and its capabilities for setup, deploying, maintenance & monitoring of Hadoop Clusters.
- Learn Hadoop Administration activities
- Learn about computational frameworks for processing Big Data
- Learn about Hadoop clients, nodes for clients and web interfaces like HUE to work with Hadoop Cluster
- Learn about Cluster planning and tools for data ingestion into Hadoop clusters
- Learn about Hadoop components within Hadoop ecosystem like Hive, HBase, Spark and Kafka
- Understand security implementation to secure data and clusters.
- Learn about Hadoop cluster monitoring activities
Who should take this course?Big Data career opportunities are on the rise, and Hadoop is quickly becoming a must-know technology for the following professionals:
- Systems administrators and IT managers
- IT administrators and operators
- IT Systems Engineer
- Data Engineer and database administrators
- Data Analytics Administrator
- Cloud Systems Administrator
- Web Engineer
What projects are included in this course?Successful evaluation of one of the following 2 projects is a part of the certification eligibility criteria
Scalability: Deploying Multiple Clusters
Your company wants to set up a new cluster and has procured new machines; however, setting up clusters on new machines will take time. Meanwhile, your company wants you to set up a new cluster on the same set of machines and start testing the new cluster’s working and applications
Working with Cluster
Demonstrate your understanding of the following tasks (give the steps):
- Enabling and Disabling HA for namenode and resourcemanager in CDH
- Removing Hue service from your cluster, which has other services such as Hive, Hbase, HDFS, and YARN setup.
- Adding a user and granting read access to your cloudera cluster.
- Changing replication and blocksize of your cluster.
- Adding Hue as a service, logging in as user HUE, and downloading examples for hive, pig, job designer, etc.
For Further Practice we have 2 more projects to help you start your hadoop administrator journey
Data Ingestion and Usage
Ingesting data from external structured databases into HDFS.
Working on Data on HDFS by loading it into Data warehouse package like Hive; using HiveQL for querying, analyzing, and loading data in another set of tables for further usage.
Your organization already has a large amount of data in RDBMS and has now set up a Big Data practice. It is interested in moving data from RDBMS into HDFS so that it can perform data analysis by using Software packages such as Apache Hive. The organization would like to leverage the benefits of HDFS and features such as auto replication and fault tolerance that HDFS offers.
Securing Data and Cluster
Protecting data stored in your Hadoop cluster by safeguarding it and backing it up.
Your organization has multiple Hadoop clusters and would like to safeguard its data on multiple clusters. The aim is to prevent data loss from accidental deletes and to make critical data available to users/applications even if one or more of these clusters are down.
20 hours of self-paced video
Includes 4 real industry-based projects
Includes 3 simulation exams design to test Hadoop Admin skills
Big Data and Hadoop Adminstrator Course
- Lesson 00 - Course Introduction
- Lesson 01 - Big Data and Hadoop - Introduction
- Lesson 02 - HDFS Hadoop Distributed File System
- Lesson 03 - Hadoop Cluster Setup and Working
- Lesson 04 - Hadoop Configurations and Daemon Logs
- Lesson 05 - Hadoop Cluster Maintenance and Administration
- Lesson 06 - Hadoop Computational Frameworks
- Lesson 07 - Scheduling: Managing Resources
- Lesson 08 - Hadoop Cluster Planning
- Lesson 09 - Hadoop Clients and Hue Interface
- Lesson 10 - Data Ingestion in Hadoop Cluster
- Lesson 11 - Hadoop Ecosystem ComponentsServices
- Lesson 12 - Hadoop Security
- Lesson 13 - Hadoop Cluster Monitoring
- Course Feedback
Exam and Certification
What do I need to do to unlock my certificate?
- Complete 85% of the course.
- Complete 1 project and 1 simulation test with a minimum score of 80%
I want to know more about the training program. Whom do I contact?
Please join our Live Chat for instant support, call us, or Request a Call Back to have your query resolved.
Download Course Brochure
What's included in your brochure?
- Detailed Course Content
- Course Benefits
- Certification Options