CISM certification training from Simplilearn, aligned to ISACA, ensures you are re-equipped on the best practices in the industry and enables you to ace the exam in the first attempt. The certification helps you develop the expertise to manage, design, oversee and/or assess an enterprise’s information security.
- Course Description
- Course Features
- Exam and Certification
What is the focus of this course?CISM certification training from Simplilearn, aligned to ISACA, ensures you are re-equipped on the best practices in the industry and enables you to ace the exam in the first attempt. The certification helps you develop the expertise to manage, design, oversee and/or assess an enterprise’s information security.
Why is the certification most sought-after?Simplilearn’s CISA certification training is aligned to ISACA and ensures that you ace the exam in your first attempt. The training will enhance your understanding of IS audit processes and also help you understand how to protect information systems.
What are the course objectives?By the end of this training you will:
- Be able to define the architecture, design and manage the security of your organization.
- Acquire the relevant knowledge and skills required to clear the CISM certification exam
- Able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the relationship between information security programs and broader business goals and objectives.
- Earn the requisite 16 CPEs required to take up the CISM certification exam
- Develop a working knowledge of the 4 domains areas as prescribed by ISACA –Exam Candidate Information Guide 2015.
Who should take this course?CISM certification is a globally recognized professional requirement in the IT Security domain. This certification is most suited for:
- Security Consultant/Manager
- IT Director/Manager
- Security Auditor/Architect
- Security Systems Engineer
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Information Security Managers
- IS/IT Consultants
- Chief Compliance/Privacy/Risk Officers
CISM Certification Course
16 hours of self-paced videos
65 end-of-chapter quizzes
2 simulation exams and 88 knowledge-check questions for practice
Offers the requisite 16 CPEs for taking the CISM examination
98.6% pass rate
Exam and Certification
What are the prerequisites for the certification?
There are no specific prerequisites to take up this certification but it is recommended that individuals take the Network+ certification before taking the Security+ SYO-401 exam.
How do you become a CISM certified professional?
To be a certified CISM professional, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Successful completion of the CISM examination
- Adherence to the ISACA Code of Professional Ethics
- Agree to comply with the Continuing Education Policy.
- Work experience in the field of information security
- Submit an Application for CISM Certification
For additional information on how to become a certified CISM and to understand the CISM certification requirements please refer the following link:
What are the prerequisites for a CISA certification?
To become a CISM certified professional, you need to fulfill the following criteria:
- A completed application must be submitted within 5 years from the date of initially passing the examination.
- All experience must be verified independently with employers.
- This experience must have been gained within the 10-year period preceding the application date for certification or within five years of passing the examination.
- Three (3) years of the five (5) years of work experience must be gained performing the role of an information security manager
- In addition, this work experience must be broad and gained in three (3) of the four (4) CISM® domains
What do I need to do to unlock my certificate?
Online Self learning:
- Complete 85% of the course.
- Complete 1 simulation test with a minimum score of 60%.
Can I extend the access period?
Yes, you can extend the access period by paying an additional fee. Please raise a request via our Help and Support portal.
Download Course Brochure
What's included in your brochure?
- Detailed Course Content
- Course Benefits
- Certification Options