ITIL® Intermediate RCV Certification
- Course Advisor
- Course Description
- Course Features
- Exam and Certification
Manuel-W-LloydVirtual CIO, IT Service Expert
Manuel W. Lloyd is a Process Expert known for his thought leadership on IT governance, operational efficiency on legislative compliance and cybersecurity.
What is the focus of this course?ITIL® Intermediate Qualification: RCV Certificate is a freestanding qualification, and is also part of the ITIL® Intermediate Capability stream. It is one of the modules leading to the ITIL® Expert qualification in IT Service Management.
The purpose of this course and the associated exam and certificate is to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in Service Management as documented in the ITIL® Service Lifecycle core publications. The ITIL® Certificate in RCV is intended to enable candidates to apply RCV for successful planning, testing and implementation of new services meeting organizational and user requirements.
Simplilearn offers ITIL® Intermediate RCV certification training that allows candidates to prepare for the ITIL® RCV exam in the comfort of their own place and/or in a Classroom learning environment.
Why is the certification most sought-after?ITIL® Intermediate RCV Certification is an intermediate level certification offered to IT professionals who qualify the ITIL® Release Control and Validation exam. ITIL® Intermediate RCV certification demonstrates an IT professional’s specialization in ITIL® service capability modules and command over RCV processes. ITIL® Intermediate RCV certification validates the professional’s competency in the principles, objectives, processes, methods and functions employed in RCV and the ways they are integrated in the service life-cycle to potential global employers.
More than 5000 professionals have reaped the benefits of being certified in the ITIL® RCV module. Also, the global demand for certified professionals is increasing at a fast pace.
Simplilearn is accredited by APMG and TUV as an ITIL® Foundation and Intermediate Training provider. Simplilearn is also an Accredited Examination Centre (AEC) by APMG, TUV and EXIN.
What are the course objectives?After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe organizing for Release, Control, and Validation, including roles, responsibilities, activities, and functions to achieve operational excellence
- Outline how to measure Release, Control, and Validation
- Define technology and implementation considerations for Release, Control, and Validation
- List challenges, Critical Success Factors, and risks in Release, Control, and Validation
- Define terminology related to Release, Control, and Validation
- Prepare to pass the Release, Control, and Validation certification examination
What are the career benefits of this course?Simplilearn’s ITIL® Intermediate RCV course provides a complete management-level overview of Release, Control and Validation and all its related activities.
According to some of the leading job websites, ITIL® Intermediate RCV Certification is a pre-requisite for many key roles in the IT sector. Certified professionals can expect different roles such as Release Manager, Security Manager, Security Administrator, Database Administrator, and IT Operations Manager.
The demand for certified professionals in the RCV module of ITIL® is growing enormously in the global market. They are highly paid for their skills and expertise, and their pay scale varies greatly from their non-certified peers. According to recent surveys by payscale.com, certified professionals in this field are paid the median annual salary of $98,461.
Who should take this course?The target group of the ITIL® Intermediate Qualification: Release, Control and Validation Certificate includes, but is not restricted to:
- Operational staff involved in change management, release and deployment management, service validation and testing, service asset and configuration management, request fulfillment, change evaluation and knowledge management, and who wish to enhance their role-based capabilities.
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and wish to advance to higher level ITIL® certifications.
- Individuals seeking the ITIL® Expert Certificate in IT Service Management for which this qualification can be one of the prerequisite modules.
- Individuals seeking progress toward the ITIL® Master Certificate in IT Service Management for which the ITIL® Expert is a prerequisite.
14.5 hours of self-paced learning
10 end of chapter quizzes
2 sample test papers
Exam fee included
Exam and Certification
How will I become a ITIL® Intermediate OSA certified?
- Undertake at least 30 contact hours (hours of instruction, excluding breaks, with an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) or an accredited e-learning solution) for this syllabus, as part of a formal, approved training course/scheme.
- 2 to 4 years professional experience working in IT service management is highly desirable
- Hold the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (or other appropriate earlier ITIL® and bridge qualifications.)
- It is also recommended that candidates should complete a minimum of 12 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the pertinent areas within the ITIL® Service Transition and ITIL® Service Operation core guidance in preparation for the examination, specifically Chapter 2: Service management as a practice.
What do I need to do to unlock my course completion certificate?
- Complete 85% of the course.
Can I extend the access period?
Yes, you can extend the access period by paying an additional fee. Please raise a request via our Help and Support portal.
Download Course Brochure
What's included in your brochure?
- Detailed Course Content
- Course Benefits
- Certification Options