ITIL® Intermediate SOA Certification
- Course Advisor
- Course Description
- Course Features
- Exam and Certification
Manuel-W-LloydVirtual CIO, IT Service Expert
Manuel W. Lloyd is a Process Expert known for his thought leadership on IT governance, operational efficiency on legislative compliance and cybersecurity.
What is the focus of this course?The Service Offerings and Agreements (SOA) module is one of the qualifications within the ITIL® Service Capability category of the ITIL® Intermediate level. This module covers principles and processes to create and manage service offering based on business requirements. It also focuses on best practices for developing, implementing and continually improving services.
Simplilearn’s training programme for the ITIL® Intermediate SOA Module includes both online and classroom training. The courseware has been approved by APMG and CSME and includes quizzes and sample test papers.
The Service Offerings and Agreements module is based mainly on best practice guidance in the ITIL® Service strategy and ITIL® Service Design publications.
Why is the certification most sought-after?Currently in its third version, ITIL® is the world’s most widely-used IT service management framework and is based on global best practices in IT service management. ITIL® enables organizations to:
ITIL® qualifications set international benchmarks of quality for IT professionals all over the world. Professionals taking up ITIL® training are encouraged to come up with new ideas and approaches to improve customer satisfaction. They learn to contribute effectively to service delivery in the organization.
- Increase productivity
- Optimize costs
- Improve customer experience
- Find a common language for service management
- Gain a competitive edge
- Build customer trust in the organization
The SOA module is worth four credits, useful in earning the minimum 17 credits to progress to the Managing Across the Lifecycle module, which is the final step before the ITIL® Expert Level. Certified professionals in this field can expect job roles such as Capacity Manager, Availability Manager, Service Level Manager, and Business Continuity Manager.
What are the course objectives?The ITIL® Certificate in Service Offerings and Agreement is intended to enable professionals to apply SOA practices in support of the service management lifecycle.
At the end of Simplilearn’s training in ITIL® Intermediate SOA, you will be able to:
- Apply SOA practices to enable portfolio, service level, service catalogue, demand, supplier and financial management
- Identify how the five stages of the ITIL® lifecycle (service strategy, service design, service transition, service operation and continual service improvement) can offer value to organizations and projects
- Identify how service offering can be developed to support both business and user needs
What are the career benefits of this course?An ITIL® certifications helps IT professionals add weight to their profile, and typically earn 40% more compared to their non-certified peers. The SOA module of the ITIL® Intermediate Level enables candidates to view service management as a strategic asset as well as an organizational capability and ensure alignment between organization capabilities and business strategies.
The value of ITIL® has increased sharply in recent years and an ITIL® certification is fast becoming an entry requirement for a majority of IT-based roles. According to recent surveys by payscale.com, the average salary of a certified professional in this field ranges from $75,000 to $90,000.
Who should take this course?The following roles are suited to take the ITIL® Service Design qualification to enhance their skills and expertise:
Additionally, this qualification can also be taken by:
- IT Management
- IT Finance Manager
- Capacity Manager
- Service Level Manager
- Business Continuity Manager
- Service Portfolio Manager
- Supplier Relationship Manager
The SOA module can be one of the prerequisites for the ITIL® Expert and Master Levels in IT Service Management.
- ITIL® Foundation certified individuals wanting to advance to higher levels in ITIL®, and
- Individuals requiring an in-depth knowledge of the ITIL® Service Offerings and Agreements processes.
12.5 hours of self-paced learning
10 end of chapter quizzes
2 sample test papers
Exam fee included
Exam and Certification
How will I become a ITIL® Intermediate SOA certified?
- A minimum 30 hours of instruction with an Accredited Training Organization (or an accredited e-learning solution).
- ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management.
What do I need to do to unlock my course completion certificate?
- Complete 85% of the course.
Can I extend the access period?
Yes, you can extend the access period by paying an additional fee. Please raise a request via our Help and Support portal.
Download Course Brochure
What's included in your brochure?
- Detailed Course Content
- Course Benefits
- Certification Options